Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Surgery day for One-Eyed Hooker

Little One-Eye goes in today for a small surgery to open her eye. I haven't fed them yet because of it and they look at me so longingly.  Well, except for Jackson, who glares and Meows as best he can with his little undeveloped squeaker of a voice.  Ringer has gotten quite ski-dish since being to the doctor. I do not think she likes all this attention. She hasn't gotten a bath yet, so I have  that to look forward to tonight. They are so thin it is scary. Having gone through a traumatic time with Betty, I worry so about Jackson and One-Eye. They aren't wormed yet so if this eye/respiratory thing clears up that will be the next major event in their lives.
The indoor/outdoor house cats have adapted to the new foundlings. They wander in and out through the back door now that the kittens are on the back porch and NOT right there next to their entrance.  Momma Spike hovers around the cage and the two other kittens sleep next to it.  Five more days of medicine and they will be able to run free again.
Oprah has not come home. I fear the worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment