Wednesday, December 28, 2016

I have been busy the last couple of years raising these treasures I have, working a full time job and  keeping house for FANG.  We have lost a few since the last I posted.  Elvis and Mittens had a batch of kittens.  Jill Scarlet and Chief lived through kitten-hood and grace my messy house with cat song and frivolity.  Although last year Elvis and Mittens decided to elope.  One day here, the next day, gone !  They were so much in love.  He would cuddle up on the rocking chair with her and lay over her as if to protect her while they slept.  He would sing to her, she would rub all over him.  I hope they are well.  We lost Elvis' sister, Cleatus.  She finally sucumbed to the birth defects that plagued that litter.  Their sister, Betty, was lost to us when she was 6 months old.  She brought us to the most wonderful Vet in our town.  He was so caring and compassionate  to ALL our cats.  He once thanked us for taking on the responsibility of caring for such a huge colany of cats.   I thanked him for giving Cleatus a pain free and comfortable last few hours of her life.

Jackson walked into our lives on day when he and Mittens perched on the edge of the cat door and gazed into the huge kitchen.  Spike was there behind him, urging him to take the leap of faith and join our indoor family.   He has been such a treasure to us.  Jackson took a shine to Jill Scarlet, (Mittens' kitten) and they are inseparable.  He is HUGE now!  He weighs in at about 13 pounds with a head the size of a grapefruit!  I can't seem to get near him, but Fang can play endlessly with him.  

I have more fun with these personalities than would be expected from 14 cats.  My house still smells and I scold and cudjole them when things aren't done where they should, but I am happy.  Fang took a vacation for awhile and they have been my world.

I'm off to bed now with at least 5 cats spread out so that I can't get any sleep.

HUGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment